It is winter break & Christmas is coming!
I am in Christmas mood and wanted to cook something nice and funny with Paul for Christmas. He loved cooking and shaping these cute, delicious & tasty cookies… I am sure he will be proud to give his Christmas Shortbread Cookies to his cousins tomorrow 🙂
Let’s share this easy and funny recipe!
We used vanilla flavor and decorated with chocolate chips but you have a multiple other nice choices for flavor (such as orange or lemon zest, cinnamon, …) and for decoration (such as colored sprinkles, fruits, …)
Ingredients for about 24 cookies
– 150gr of flour
– 75 gr of butter
– 75 gr of sugar
– 1 egg
– 2 pinches of vanilla powder
– Chocolate chips
1. Mix carefully together flour, sugar, vanilla powder and butter cutted in small pieces.
Warning: Do not melt the butter in advance, it has to be softened
Use your fingertips to rub in the butter until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Add the egg and mix again in order to have a soft mixture.
3. Make a ball, cover with a tissue and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
5. Roll dough out until 1cm thick. Ask your kid to use a shaped pastry cutter to cut differents shapes from dough.
6. Decorate with chocolate chips.
6. Place in oven for about 15 minutes.
7. Cool on trays for 20 to 30 minutes.