If you have visited Provence, for sure you have already tried a “Tian de Légumes”. The Vegetables Tian is THE easy, healthy & delicious dish to go along with any meat, fish or just an oven baked potatoes.
You maybe have now noticed that I loved colorful dishes… This one is composed of provencal vegetables, garlic, thym & of course olive oil!
Ingredients for 4 persons
Ingredients depend on your taste. Personally I am not a big fan of eggplant so I do not use to much of it. And I like using more tomatoes than in the original recipes. Below is to give you an idea for my recipe in picture:
– Red tomatoes : 2 medium size
– Yellow tomatoes : 2 medium size
– Green courgette : 1 medium size
– Yellow courgette : 1 medium size
– Eggplant: 1 small/medium size
– Fresh onion: 2 medium size
– Garlic : 4 gloves
– Olive oil
– Thyme & Basil
– Sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 180°C
2. Rince your vegetables
3. Cut thin slices of tomatoes (3mm), courgettes (2mm) & eggplants (2mm). Use a mandolin if you have one.
4. Cut in small brunoise garlic & onions
5. In a baking tray, place your half of the garlic & onion with 2 spoons of olive oil.
6. Arrange the sliced vegetables, alternating the colors, in a circular arrangement around the dish.
7. Drizzle with the rest of the garlic, onion, olive oil, and sprinkle with thyme and salt.
8. Cook in oven until the vegetables are soft and golden on the top.
9. Add few leaves of basil before serving
– You can add parmesan cheese before serving
This recipe can be made in advance and eaten at room temperature or reheated in the oven at 160°C for 20-30 minutes.